The BELL Education Foundation has awarded nearly $10,000 for use in Manassas Park City Schools classrooms for the 2018-2019 school year.
Through its Classroom Innovation Grant application process, the following programs will see funding:
- At Manassas Park High School, teachers were awarded grants to purchase drones, a robotics test field, and recording studio equipment.
- Manassas Park Middle School will receive funds to purchase a whiteboard table for mathematics and supply students with a weekly subscription to a newsletter specifically designed for individuals with disabilities.
- At Manassas Park Elementary School, students will create “The Cougar Times” - a student-led newspaper and online newscast. They will also benefit from a positive behavior reinforcement program as well as a project to fight food insecurity when kids are not in school.
- At Cougar Elementary School students will learn the basics of coding with the assistance Kubo robots and some classrooms will benefit from Scholastic News subscriptions. One team will even craft a specially designed “cool-down kit” that will help younger children manage social and emotional behaviors.
- JumpStart PALS (Patullo)
- Kick Start Kindergarden (Hayes)
- Happy Hokki Chairs (Boots & Gibson)
- Coding in the Library (Hayden)
- Thinking and Tinkering Outside the Box (STEM Team)
- BreakOut Edu (Frischkorn)
- PAWS (Slaughter)
- Circle Up for Literacy (Wissman)
- Middle School Theater Program (Herrmann)
- Differentiated Novel Groups (Hill)
- Engaging Instruction Through Video (Priester)
- Virtual Reality (Barbuzza)
- Bridging the Communication Gap (MPHS Staff)
BELL is the operating name of the Manassas Park Education Foundation, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit charitable organization. Your contribution is tax-deductible to the full extent allowed by law.
Non-Discrimination Policy: BELL is committed to nondiscrimination with regard to sex, gender, race, color, national origin, disability, religion, ancestry, age, marital status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This commitment will prevail in all of its policies and practices concerning staff, students, educational programs and services, and individuals and entities with whom it does business.