Welcome to BELL, the Manassas Park Education Foundation. BELL’s mission is to provide support and additional resources for the students and staff of Manassas Park City Schools. Through business and community partnerships, we are able to make that happen.
BELL funding supports:
- Classroom Innovation grants,
- scholarships for continuing education,
- STEM education in all four Manassas Park schools.
One of the strongest assets of Manassas Park is the charm of a small-town feel in the busy, fast-paced environment of Northern Virginia. Besides the success of the schools, families and businesses are moving to Manassas Park to embrace that sense of community. At BELL, our goal is to work with our partners to provide increased support for the students of Manassas Park and to strengthen our community from within—beginning with our students. We welcome your partnership and support because our partners are an instrumental part of Manassas Park students' opportunities and successes.
One Park Center Court, Suite A
Manassas Park, VA 20111
The BELL Education Foundation has awarded nearly $10,000 for use in Manassas Park City Schools classrooms for the 2018-2019 school year.
Through its Classroom Innovation Grant application process, the following programs will see funding:
- At Manassas Park High School, teachers were awarded grants to purchase drones, a robotics test field, and recording studio equipment.
- Manassas Park Middle School will receive funds to purchase a whiteboard table for mathematics and supply students with a weekly subscription to a newsletter specifically designed for individuals with disabilities.
- At Manassas Park Elementary School, students will create “The Cougar Times” - a student-led newspaper and online newscast. They will also benefit from a positive behavior reinforcement program as well as a project to fight food insecurity when kids are not in school.
- At Cougar Elementary School students will learn the basics of coding with the assistance Kubo robots and some classrooms will benefit from Scholastic News subscriptions. One team will even craft a specially designed “cool-down kit” that will help younger children manage social and emotional behaviors.
Local businesses have the power to shape community attitudes, especially as schools face increasing budget uncertainly. The VSBA Business Honor Roll helps divisions say "thank you" for their vital contributions. Congratulations to the following businesses that were recognized on pg. 7 of the VSBA Newsletter.
- Apple Federal Credit Union
- Novant Health-UVA Health System
Prince William Medical Center Foundation